Best Left-handed Scholarships 2022-2023
Thursday The Hour 23:06
ADD TO FAVOURITE
Best Left-handed Scholarships 2022-2023:
Left-handed Scholarships are uncommon. Left-handed students have different brain wirings than their right-handed peers that make them excel in certain avenues. An active right brain hemisphere often makes lefties more creative and musical than analytical or mathematical. Scholarships devoted to the arts, entertainment, politics, technology, and athletics could be perfect for you.
Being left handed can present some challenges since most gadgets, tools and devices are for right handed people. So, if you are able to show how you overcome obstacles, it may help your application stand out.
Andrew Macrina Scholarship Fund / Left-handed Scholarships
The American Culinary Federation Education Foundation, with the support of the American Academy of Chefs (AAC), is pleased to offer a limited number of scholarships annually to students.
Andrew Macrina Scholarship Fund is available from the American Culinary Federation (ACF) for left-handed high school seniors who are accepted at an accredited college to study culinary or pastry arts. This is one of the few dedicated left handed scholarships out there today.
-Be an exemplary student and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher
-Be currently accepted to the institution with a culinary, pastry or foodservice-related major.
- Amount: $2,500.
- Deadline: April 30 and October 31 of each year.
Comcast Leaders and Achievers Scholarship / Left-handed Scholarships
Comcast Leaders and Achievers are high school students who have been selected for their outstanding community service, academic performance, and leadership skills.
- Eligibility: To qualify, candidates must be full-time high school seniors, live in a community served by Comcast, exhibit leadership abilities, plan to attend an accredited, non-profit college, be nominated by a principal or guidance counselor, and maintain a minimum 2.8 GPA.
- Amount: $1,000.
Enid Hall Griswold Memorial Scholarship / Left-handed Scholarships
The Enid Hall Griswold Memorial Scholarship is awarded to two deserving college juniors or seniors enrolled in an accredited college or university in the United States who is pursuing a major in political science, history, government, or economics.
- Amount: $5,000.
Please Note: This scholarship will not be awarded in 2022.
Wendy Jackson Hall Memorial Scholarship / Left-handed Scholarships
Wendy is remembered by her friends, colleagues, and students for her abundant energy, generous spirit, creativity, and her amazing ability to inspire others, young and old, to take joy in the creative process and to discover their own potential.
The Wendy Jackson Hall Scholarship Fund has been established in Wendy's memory to support others whose creativity and love of the arts leads them to pursue an education in the visual arts and to share this love with the larger community.
- be a graduating high school senior from a Washington state public high school
- demonstrate artistic talent in the visual arts
- have a cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 or higher
- show a love of the arts and a desire to encourage artistic endeavors within the general community
- be accepted into a visual art program (see more info below) of an accredited, nonprofit, four-year U.S. college or university
- intend to enroll as a full-time student in the academic year following high school graduation
- provide evidence of financial need
- be a participant in the Federal Student Aid program (FAFSA)
- Amount: Two-year, $15,000.
- The 2023 application will be available in December 2022.
James Beard Foundation National Scholarships/ Left-handed Scholarships
Established in 1991, the scholarship program assists aspiring and established culinary professionals who plan to further their education at a licensed or accredited culinary school or hospitality institution, college, or university. Since then, the program has not only grown in visibility and financial scope, but in the array of subjects its recipients have embraced. As of 2022, the Foundation will have awarded nearly $9 million in financial aid to over 2,000 recipients.
- Scholarships: Cash grants applied to tuition (and sometimes other school-related expenses)
- Tuition Waivers: Tuition waivers granted by educational institutions, which are renewable in some cases
- Work Study Grants: Grants for working culinary professionals under the auspices of the Jean-Louis Palladin Professional Work/Study program.
Ken C. Hicks Scholarship Program / Left-handed Scholarships
The Foot Locker Scholar Athletes program honors student-athletes who demonstrate exceptional academic ability and strong leadership skills in sports, in their schools, and within their communities.
Whether you're the lead scorer or the most spirited team player, we want to hear how you’ve taken the skills you've cultivated in the locker room and used them to create a powerful, positive impact on the lives of others around you.
In order to be eligible for the Foot Locker Scholar Athletes Program, the applicant must:
- Be entering college in the Fall of 2022 as a Freshman at a four-year school for an undergraduate degree;
- Be currently involved in high school sports, intramural sports, or community based sports.
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0;
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident (you will be asked to prove citizenship and age if you win);
- Not be an employee, officer or director of Foot Locker, Inc., or any of its subsidiaries, or a member of the immediate family of such an employee, officer or director.
- Amount: Twenty Foot Locker Scholar Athletes will each receive $20,000 in college scholarship money for their excellence in school, on their sports teams, and in their communities.
Juniata's Lefty Scholarship / Left-handed Scholarships
"We pick one or two students a year," says Diane Ross, Juniata's assistant director of student financial planning, of the school's Beckley Scholarship, which offers assistance to lefties. "It's a need-based scholarship and it's centered around three components: the student is left-handed, the student has financial need, and the student has done well academically. Once I award it to the qualified student, he or she will continue to get it until they graduate."
The scholarship is reserved for only sophomores, juniors or seniors attending Juniata College. The stipend cannot be applied to other institutions. According to Shane Himes, Juniata's director of student financial planning, answering the final question on Juniata's individual data form identifies lefties. "Most students aren't aware that the scholarship even exists," says Himes, "so they are probably thinking it's just a random question on a data form." The scholarship recipients are chosen from left-handers that have top academic records.
For more information, kindly join our Telegram channel: