DAAD Scholarship at Charite University, Germany
DAAD Scholarship for Master of Science in International Health
Candidates from low- and middle-income countries who have completed an academic degree (240ECTS/4 years) with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (Bachelor) at the time of application are eligible for a DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) scholarship. His/her academic degrees should normally be no more than six years old.
Scholarship holders begin their study by attending the Core Course at Charité-Universitätsmedizin Berlin. For the advanced studies phase, they will complete Advanced Modules (20 ECTS) in Berlin or at our partner universities in Heidelberg, Germany and Bergen, Norway. The Master Thesis is done at the National Institute of Public Health in Cuernavaca, Mexico.
Check also: THE DEEPMIND SCHOLARSHIPS 2021-22 at the university of Queen Marry in London
f you would like to apply for a DAAD scholarship, please submit the following documents as hard-copies in the following order:
1. DAAD application form, personally signed with current date. The form can be found here.
2. Curriculum Vitae, personally singed with current date. The curriculum must be submitted in the Europass format. You can find the sample form here.
3. Letter of Motivation, personally signed with current date (maximum 2 pages) IMPORTANT: When applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum 3 courses), still submit only one motivation letter explaining why you are applying for the specific courses and why you chose that priority.
4. Research proposal for a suggested Master Thesis project (maximum 3-5 pages).
Please note that your research proposal for the DAAD application is in no way binding in terms of your thesis project for our programme. This proposal will just help us to assess your application.
5. Letter of recommendation from your current employer. The letter must have letterhead, the signature and the official stamp and must be of current date (not in a sealed envelope).
6. Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) that prove a minimum of two years of relevant working experience (after the Bachelor degree) at the time of application (with letterhead, signature and stamp) and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home.
7. Proof of English Language Skills: IELTS (Band 6) certificate or TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper based, 213 computer based, 80 internet based).
- Native speakers of English do not need to submit proof.
- Students who have completed a university degree that was taught in English in an English-speaking country (e.g. the United Kingdom, the U.S., Canada etc.) need only submit their degree certificate.
- Candidates from Botswana, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Nigeria, Zambia, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda only need to enclose a certificate by the Dean of Studies of their previous university confirming that their entire tertiary education was conducted in English.
8. Certified copies of Academic Degrees (with certified translation if the degree was issued in any language other than English).
9. Certified copies of Academic Transcripts, incl. grading-scale (certified translation if the transcript was issued in any language other than English).
10. Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are asked to submit an APS Certificate with their application documents.
A certified copy is a copy of an original document that bears the original (“wet”) official stamp or seal and the original (“wet”) signature of the person who certifies that the copy is identical to the original. A certified copy is a legal document. An explanation what a certified copy is, you can find here
Not:These documents must be submitted as hard-copies to our institute by 15 October of the year prior to the start of the programme:
Institute of Tropical Medicine & International Health
Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
DAAD Project Coordinator
Master Programme in International Health