Australian Government RTP Scholarship for International Students
Monday The Hour 00:08
ADD TO FAVOURITE
Australian Government RTP Scholarship for International Students at the University of Sydney
The Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship is a prestigious opportunity for international students aspiring to pursue postgraduate research at the University of Sydney. This scholarship is a testament to the University's commitment to academic excellence and fostering global talent.
Funded by the Australian government and valued at up to $129,000 AUD, the RTP scholarship covers tuition fees and provides a living-costs stipend to support outstanding international research students. The scholarship is available all year round, with specific deadlines for different research periods.
Scholarship Value and Benefits
- Stipend: $37,207 per annum (2023 rate)
- Tuition Fees: Full offset (i.e., no tuition fees are applicable)
- Additional Benefits: Assistance with living costs and overseas health cover
To be eligible for the RTP scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a commencing or enrolled international postgraduate research student
- Have an outstanding record of academic achievement and research potential (research publications are highly regarded)
- Have an unconditional offer of admission or be currently enrolled in a master's by research or Ph.D. at the University of Sydney
Commencing students should select the check box to be considered for the RTP scholarship when submitting their postgraduate research degree application. A separate application is not required. However, applicants must submit their research degree course application before the relevant RTP deadlines.
How to Apply for the RTP Scholarship at the University of Sydney
1. Check Eligibility:
- Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria for the scholarship, including being a commencing or enrolled international postgraduate research student.
- You must have an outstanding academic record and research potential.
- You must have an unconditional offer of admission or be currently enrolled in a master's by research or Ph.D. at the University of Sydney.
2. Prepare Required Documents:
- Gather all necessary documents, such as academic transcripts, research proposals, and any evidence of research publications or achievements.
3. Submit Research Degree Application:
- If you are a commencing student, apply for your postgraduate research degree at the University of Sydney through the online application portal.
- During the application process, select the checkbox to be considered for the RTP scholarship. A separate scholarship application is not required.
- Ensure that you submit your research degree application before the relevant RTP deadlines.
4. For Current HDR Students:
- If you are a current HDR (Higher Degree Research) student at the University of Sydney, you will need to submit a separate application for the RTP scholarship.
5. Submission Deadlines:
- Research periods 1 and 2, 2023: 30 September 2022
- Research Period 3 and 4, 2023: 12 December 2022
- Research Period 1 and 2, 2024: 15 September 2023
6. Wait for Notification:
- After submitting your application, wait for the notification from the University regarding the status of your scholarship application.
- If awarded the scholarship, follow the instructions provided by the University to accept the offer and complete any additional requirements.
The RTP Scholarship at the University of Sydney offers a fantastic opportunity for international students to pursue their research goals. By following the above steps and adhering to the application deadlines, you can apply for this prestigious scholarship and take advantage of the substantial financial support and world-class research environment.
For more detailed information, please visit the official RTP Scholarship page on the University of Sydney's website.
Application and award timeline
New students must complete the RTP submission, along with their course application, by the submission deadline. Current HDR students will need to submit a separate application.
Why Choose the University of Sydney
The University of Sydney is renowned for its academic excellence, vibrant campus life, and diverse community of students from across the globe. With a history spanning over 160 years, it offers a wide range of programs and courses across various disciplines, ensuring students can find the perfect fit for their academic and career goals.
The Australian Government RTP Scholarship at the University of Sydney is a golden opportunity for international students to pursue their research aspirations without financial constraints. With substantial financial support, world-class faculty, and a thriving academic community, the University of Sydney continues to attract top-quality international postgraduate students, enhancing its research activities and contributing to global knowledge and innovation.
For those interested in becoming part of this esteemed institution and availing themselves of this scholarship, the application process is streamlined, and the benefits are substantial. The University of Sydney stands as a beacon of educational excellence, and the RTP Scholarship is a pathway for talented international researchers to realize their potential and make significant contributions to their respective fields.
What is the RTP Scholarship?
The RTP Scholarship is a government-funded program that provides financial support to international students pursuing postgraduate research at the University of Sydney.
How can I apply for the RTP Scholarship?
You can apply for the RTP Scholarship by selecting the appropriate checkbox when submitting your postgraduate research degree application at the University of Sydney. Specific deadlines apply.
What does the RTP Scholarship cover?
The RTP Scholarship covers tuition fees, provides a living-costs stipend, and offers additional benefits such as overseas health cover.
Who is eligible for the RTP Scholarship?
Eligible applicants must be commencing or enrolled international postgraduate research students with an outstanding academic record and an unconditional offer of admission or current enrollment in a master's by research or Ph.D. at the University of Sydney.
For more information, please visit the official RTP Scholarship page on the University of Sydney's website.
For more information, kindly join our Telegram channel: