University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships 2023
Wednesday The Hour 17:03
ADD TO FAVOURITE
University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships 2023
University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships | The Faculty of Science of the University of Geneva is an internationally recognized leading research institution. This cutting-edge research covers a broad range of scientific disciplines: astronomy, biology, chemistry and biochemistry, computer science, mathematics, physics, pharmaceutical sciences, earth sciences, and the environment.
The Faculty hosts three National Centres of Competence in Research of the highly competitive Swiss National Sciences Foundation (Chemical Biology; SwissMAP; Planets) as well as many European research projects.
The Master's of the Faculty of Science constitute an ideal training base for academic but also professional development, opening careers in industry, teaching, and administration in sciences, communication, and media,etc. The program Master's degree is either entirely in English, or in English and French (see the descriptions of each program).
The Faculty of Science, with the support of external partners, has established an Excellence Fellowship program open to outstanding and highly motivated students who wish to pursue a Master of Science degree in one of the disciplines covered by the Faculty.
University of Geneva Excellence Master's Fellowships | Funding
The Excellence Fellowship consists of a grant amounting to CHF 10'000 to CHF 15’000/year (no teaching duties); it is awarded for one year and extended for the regular duration of the chosen Master's program (three or four semesters) provided the applicant is academically successful at the end of his/her first semester of studies.
University of Geneva Excellence Master's Fellowships | Eligibility
- Candidates must be citizens of a country other than Switzerland and must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Switzerland for more than 12 months in the 3 years preceding the deadline for applications.
- Candidates must have applied to one of the University of Geneva's Master's degree programs that participate in the Excellence Masters Fellowships program.
- Candidates must demonstrate academic excellence, as well as the
- potential for future leadership in their respective fields.
- Candidates must also have a strong command of English and be able to demonstrate their language proficiency.
University of Geneva Master's Programs
The University of Geneva offers a wide range of Master's degree programs in a variety of fields, including:
- Natural Sciences: Master's programs in fields such as physics, chemistry, biology, and earth sciences.
- Humanities: Master's programs in fields such as history, literature, linguistics, and philosophy.
- Social Sciences: Master's programs in fields such as economics, sociology, psychology, and political science.
- Health Sciences: Master's programs in fields such as medicine, public health, and health management.
- Interdisciplinary programs: Master's programs that cross multiple fields and offer a unique, interdisciplinary perspective.
The university also offers Master's programs in specialized areas such as international relations, development studies, and environment and sustainability.
University of Geneva Excellence Master's Fellowships | Required Documents
The application (in English or French) must include the following documents in the form of a SINGLE pdf file:
- A scan of your national identity card or passport.
- A Curriculum Vitae (2 pages maximum).
- The transcript of exams passed during the bachelor education, with all grades.
- A motivation letter in which you describe your specific scientific interests and your motivation to pursue a Master of Science program at the University of Geneva.
- If possible: Letters of reference from two professors (preferably sent by them directly to [email protected]) attesting your aptitude to this program.
- Any other pertinent information like results of the GRE (General requirement examination), of TOEFL, or another language test.
IF ALL THE ABOVE-MENTIONED CLAUSES ARE NOT COMPLETED, THE APPLICATION FILE WOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED
The application is made online, from the beginning of January of each year. After registering, you will receive an e-mail containing a personal link allowing you to fill out the application form.
The next application deadline is 15 March 2023 (for Master's starting September 18, 2023).
How to Apply
- Check your eligibility.
- Choose a Master's program.
- You will need to prepare a CV, academic transcripts, a motivation letter, and two letters of recommendation.
- Submit your complete application package online through the University of Geneva's online application portal.
- The selection committee will review all applications and announce the results. You will be notified by email about the outcome of your application.
- If you are selected, you will receive an offer for the Fellowship, which will include information on the funding and next steps. You can then start your Master's program at the University of Geneva.
1. What is the deadline for the University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowship application?
The deadline for the application varies depending on the master’s program. Please check the specific program’s website for the exact deadline.
2. What is the duration of the University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowship?
The duration of the fellowship varies depending on the master’s program. It usually covers the entire duration of the master’s program.
3. Can I apply for more than one University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowship?
No, applicants can only apply for one fellowship per academic year
4. Can I apply for the University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowship if I am already enrolled in a master’s program at the University of Geneva?
No, the fellowship is only open to students who have not yet started their master’s program at the University of Geneva.
For more information about scholarships, kindly join our Telegram channel: