ADD TO FAVOURITE
UNIL Master's scholarships 2022
Masters scholarships are scholarships for excellence awarded exclusively to students who have graduated from a foreign university and whose academic results are of a very high level.
UNIL grants around ten scholarships a year.
The scholarship is granted for the minimum statutory period of the programme chosen by the student. It amounts to CHF 1,600 per month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months a year) for the complete duration of the masters (one and a half years or two years depending on the chosen masters), with the exception of cases of definitive failure after the first year.
Candidates are made aware of the fact that the sum of the scholarship awarded is not sufficient to live in Switzerland.
About UNIL (University of Lausanne):
An international atmosphere . One fifth of the students and one third of the teaching staff are of foreign origin.
State- of-the-art technology , laboratories equipped with the latest technologies and spacious and well-equipped auditoriums.
Three unique faculties in Switzerland: law, criminal sciences and public administration, biology and medicine (FBM) or geosciences and environment (GSE). Because innovation requires new synergies.
Close collaboration with the Vaudois University Hospital Center (CHUV), to remain at the forefront in the medical field.
The Cantonal University Library - Lausanne (BCUL), and its two million documents: modern research tools, an ideal working environment, facing Lake Geneva.
A philosophy and a work ethic brought together in a charter of values .
An exceptional site on the Lake Geneva coast, adorned with green spaces. In a few minutes, you can reach the Vaud capital and its many cultural events by public transport.
A large catalog of continuing and transversal training, as well as countless sporting and cultural activities , in fields as diverse as: language or computer courses; football, capoeira, fitness or scuba diving at the Sports Center; associations, cinema, exhibitions or theater at the Grange de Dorigny.
Avalible programmes fo for a Master's scholarship?
The list of all Masters degrees at UNIL that it is possible to apply can be found at this address :
It is not possible to apply for the following programmes:
- Master from the School of Medicine
- Master of education
- Master of Law from the Universities of Zurich and Lausanne
- Master of criminal Law, magistracy specialism
- Master of Science in Physical Education and Sports Didactics
- Master of Science in Health sciences
- All MASs (PhD programmes)
Please note: for the Master of Law, only two specialisms,"international and comparative law" and "legal theory" are open to applications for Masters scholarships.
- To have obtained a foreign university degree considered equivalent to a bachelor at UNIL before the beginning of the masters programme at UNIL.
- To have distinguished yourself during your studies, especially through particularly brilliant academic results.
- To have a language level of at least B2 (according to the European Language Portfolio global scale) in French or at least C1 in English according to the language in which your chosen masters is taught.
- Not been registered with UNIL
- To have paid the CHF 200.00 administration fee (see document, "list of documents to attach to your application").