Private School Scholarships 2022-2023
Wednesday The Hour 19:06
ADD TO FAVOURITE
Private School Scholarships 2022-2023:
Most private school scholarships offer a limited number of scholarships for very able or talented pupils and these are nearly all allocated by the end of the January preceding September entry to the school. Applications for private school scholarships must be made by the specified deadlines, and are usually indicated on the main registration form.
Most private schools offer financial assistance in the forms of private school scholarships or bursaries for pupils who are either very able or can demonstrate the need for monetary support.
Private schooling these days is out of the financial reach of most people – particularly those with more than one child to consider. Fees have rocketed in relation to salaries and inflation, and families from the professional and upper classes, whose children would have had traditionally had a public school education, are now looking for cheaper alternatives. In the past, particularly bright children were able to have their schooling paid for by the Direct Grant system and then by Assisted Places but both schemes are now defunct.
Many private schools are embarking on campaigns to raise more funds for means-tested bursaries. These days, almost one-third of pupils educated in the private sector receive some form of financial assistance in the form of private school scholarships or bursary.
Good schools want able children – whether they are academic superstars, winners on the sports fields or masters of art, music or drama. They raise schools’ results, add silverware to their trophy cabinets and luster to their reputation. So many schools offer financial assistant to attract the brightest and most talented – and most private schools are run as charitable foundations with obligations to extend their provision to a limited number of children who merit places but whose parents cannot afford the fees.
A scholarship is a discount on annual school fees of an amount between 10%-100% depending on the performance of the child in scholarship entrance exams or auditions.
K12 Private Academy awards up to four private school scholarships for full-time, tuition-free enrollment each school year. This private high school scholarship may be awarded to new or returning students entering the ninth grade who demonstrate high academic potential and familial financial need.
Your child is eligible to apply for the K12 Private School Scholarship if they:
- Are a new or returning student;
- Are entering ninth grade;
- Have at least a 3.0 GPA (letter grade B on a 4.0 scale or equivalent);
- Demonstrate high academic potential;
- Demonstrate financial hardship to meet the scholarship economic needs guidelines; and
- Complete the application process by the deadline.
- Deadline: July 15, 2022.
Apply for Private School Scholarships
Private School Scholarships are generally awarded on a first-come, first-served basis so the earlier you complete your application, the better chance you will have of receiving a scholarship. Some partner programs have specific deadlines, so please check with the partner program in your area. No matter the partner program, all families are required to demonstrate financial need as measured by standards similar to the National School Lunch Program.
Basic steps to apply for private school scholarships:
- Find the CSF partner program nearest you below. If your area is not listed, click here to find other tuition assistance programs in your state or nationwide.
- Find out if the CSF partner program is offering new scholarships and if you meet the basic requirements. This can be done by visiting the partner program’s website or by emailing or phoning its office.
- Follow the partner program’s instructions on how to request or pick up an application. For application details for the New York City program, click here.
- Complete and return your application to the CSF partner program in accordance with its stated guidelines. Typically, you will be required to submit your federal income tax forms and/or other financial information with the application, as well as a current public school report card (unless your child is entering Kindergarten for the first time). Remember to keep a copy of your submitted application for your records.
Private School Scholarships NC
North Carolina’s Opportunity Scholarship program provides private school vouchers to children of low-income households. Families can use these school vouchers to pay for tuition, transportation, equipment and other necessary private school expenses.
- Scholarship Funding: The maximum voucher amount allowed is 90 percent of the average per pupil state K-12 allocation based on the prior fiscal year, not to exceed the private school’s actual tuition and fees. This maximum amount is reserved for students from families earning at or below the federal free and reduced-price lunch (FRL) program ($49,025 in 2021–22). Families earning above this threshold up to 175 percent of FRL ($85,793 for a family of four in 2021–22) may qualify for vouchers worth up to 90 percent of tuition. The vouchers may be used for tuition, transportation, equipment or any other items required by qualifying private schools. Total funding increased to $84.84 million for 2021–22 and to 94.84 million for fiscal year 2022-23. Beginning in year 2023-24, funding will be appropriated at $120,540,000 and increase yearly by 15,000,000.
Students are eligible to receive vouchers if their household income does not exceed 175 percent of FRL ($65,203 for a family of four in 2021–22). Students must also have attended a public school during the previous semester. Kindergartners, first graders, foster children, dependents of full-time active military members and children that have been adopted in the past year qualify for vouchers without having to attend a public school.
Private School Scholarships for Adopted Children
Adopted children and children in foster care face considerable adversity in many facets of their life, and obtaining a college degree is no exception. Here are the best Private School Scholarships:
Hannah’s Community Foster Care Forward Scholarship
The foster care system is a valuable resource to the community that provides open arms to our youth in need, but for many children it also means a life of unique obstacles. Growing up in the foster care system can be challenging and many of these kids would greatly benefit from a financial boost to achieve their goals.
- Eligibility: Students ages 7-25 who have, or will, age out of the foster care system who plan to pursue a certification in the health careers (e.g. CNA, EMT, RBT, EKG or Phlebotomy Technicians, etc.)
- Amount: $500
- Deadline: September 1, 2022
Together We Rise Family Fellowship Scholarship / Private School Scholarships
The main objective of our Family Fellowship Program is to offer family-like financial and emotional support to college-bound, “aging out” foster youth. The Family Fellowship program seeks students who remain committed to their education; determined to achieve their personal and professional goals; dedicated to building, nurturing, and sustaining a family-like community amongst their peers; and develop leadership skills to break barriers and continue to innovate the way foster youth navigate college and life beyond.
- The applicant must be 18-23 years of age during the application year. Applicants age seventeen (17) years old can apply with a guardian signature. Applicants turning twenty-four (24) years before June 1st of the application year can apply.
- The applicant has been accepted to or expects acceptance to an accredited, Pell-eligible college or other post-secondary institution, and is attempting to complete an undergraduate degree.
- The applicant graduated with a high school diploma or GED, or is currently a high school senior, with a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.5 or higher. If currently attending college, a 2.5 CGPA is also required.
- The applicant is a citizen of the United States of America.
- The applicant has lived in foster care while living in the United States.
- The applicant had either (a) lived in public or private foster care for the twelve (12) consecutive months leading up to and including the applicant's eighteenth (18th) birthday; OR (b) was adopted or placed into legal guardianship from foster care after the applicants thirteenth (13th) birthday, OR (c) was orphaned for at least one (1) year at the time of Recipient's eighteenth (18th) birthday.
- Amount: Up to $18,000 per year, plus fellowship support and networking
- Deadline: May 27, 2022.
ALL-STAR College Scholarship / private school scholarships
The All-Star Scholarship is open to children adopted at or after the age of 13 (or who have exited foster care to permanent guardianship) to provide increased opportunities for advanced education. Each year, one student will be selected to receive the scholarship.
- Applicants must have been adopted or exited foster care to permanent guardianship at or after the age of thirteen (13).
- Demonstrate financial need through the FAFSA Application.
- Applicants must be incoming college freshmen under the age of twenty (20)
- Amount: The student will be eligible to receive up to $10,000 annually to go towards tuition, books, and other college-related expenses.
Western Michigan University Foundation Scholarship / private school scholarships
- Amount: $64,000 over four years / $16,000 per year
- 3.70+ weighted cumulative GPA* at the time of admission
- Must be a first-year student enrolling in fall 2022
- Admissible to WMU
- Have verified financial need based on one or more of the following criteria
-Student is enrolled in or eligible to participate in the Federal Free or Reduced Price Lunch program (FRPL)
-Student is a ward of the state, an orphan, or in foster care
-Student is homeless, as determined by their district’s McKinney-Vento Liaison
-Student is undocumented/DACA
- Undocumented/DACA students are invited to apply for this scholarship
- Please note that the GPA and financial need criteria are the minimum criteria for consideration. The Foundation Scholarship is highly competitive and selective, and not all students who meet the consideration criteria will be awarded.
- The Foundation Scholars application will open in ScholarshipUniverse on December 1, 2022. A completed WMU admission application file† and scholarship application in ScholarshipUniverse are due by February 15, 2023.
Foster Care to Success Casey Family Services Alumni Scholarship / private school scholarships
- Eligibility: Must have received services from Casey Family Services in Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island or Vermont. Must be between 16 and 49 years old and starting or attending a post-secondary institution to obtain a certificate, associate’s, bachelor’s or master’s degree or a professional degree (PhD’s not eligible)
- Amount: Up to $10,000
- Deadline: Rolling.
Private School Scholarships Ontario:
TFS - Canada's International School (West Campus) Private school scholarships
TFS' West Campus in Mississauga offers a rigorous bilingual education with an international perspective. Our students become individuals who reflect, citizens who act. Our close-knit community welcomes boys and girls from PK to Grade 7 in private school scholarships. No prior knowledge of French is required. We offer a rich array of sports and co-curriculars. After Grade 7, students continue their studies at the Toronto campus, using a complimentary TFS shuttle bus.
- Amount: $11,770 to 29,300/year
- Deadline: December 1
Kingsley Primary School / Private School Scholarships
At Kingsley, our small class sizes and attention to the individual helps each student reach their unique potential. Ensuring that each child is seen, heard, and respected every day has been our mission for 40+ years. French, music and physical education are taught by specialists in an enriched program that promotes inclusion, conflict resolution, mindfulness, and character development.
- Amount: $5,000
- Deadline: None.
Holy Name of Mary College School / Private School Scholarships
Holy Name of Mary College School (HNMCS) is an independent Catholic school for girls in grades 5-12. Set on a picturesque 25 acre setting in Mississauga, HNMCS empowers young women to transform the world through intellectual curiosity and personal growth as grounded in the Catholic traditions of the Felician Sisters and Brazilian Fathers. Holy Name of Mary College School provides a high achieving, university preparatory programme to guide bright, curious and dedicated students by shaping their minds and touching their hearts. With a distinctive balance of support, encouragement, and nurturing relationships, HNMCS prepares students to meet the challenges and uncertainties of a changing world with resiliency and a strong moral compass.
- Amount: varies.
- Deadline: November 30. Repeats annually.
Ontario Online Schools Network / Private School Scholarships
The OOS is a student centered, teacher paced, asynchronous learning environment that caters to senior students in the college and university pathways. Our teachers are OCT certified, currently practicing educators, who have a passion for empowering students to take ownership of their learning, using an inquiry based approach. Along with the skills from the curriculum, we emphasize the development of 21st century competencies, because we believe that this is the best way to prepare students for future success.
- Amount: $350
- Deadline: None.
German International School Toronto / Private School Scholarships
The German International School Toronto provides a unique learning environment for learning in German, English and French. We offer a blended curriculum combining the highest standards of Germany and Ontario. Our distinctive Charakter Program prepares students to be ethically-minded, responsible individuals, independent in acting and thinking, who care about others and exemplify high standards of conduct. Our small classes, cultural events and extracurricular programs allow students to excel as global citizens.
Queen's Collegiate / Private School Scholarships
We offer high quality of education coupled with supportive learning environment. Our OCT and TESL certified teachers ensure that students learn the skills they need for the future while developing their talents. Queen's Collegiate is a one-stop hub for elementary, secondary, and language school students who build solid academic foundation here and have a chance to prepare for and successfully pass English proficiency tests (CAEL, CELPIP, TOEFL, IELTS) and US university admission tests at Queen's Testing Centre.
- Amount: $2,000
- Deadline: November 30. Repeats annually.
University of Toronto Schools / Private School Scholarships
University of Toronto Schools is proudly affiliated with U of T and offers a transformative education to high-achieving students in Grades 7 to 12. UTS graduates take initiative and innovate as socially-responsible global citizens. Through a financially-accessible merit-based admissions process, UTS proactively identifies and works with underrepresented schools and neighbourhoods. It continues to be a destination school, drawing students from different socio-economic backgrounds and cultures.
- UTS is the only independent school located downtown and affiliated with a university (U of T)
- Rigorous and enriched curriculum which provides additional depth and breadth of learning
- Needs-based financial assistance of $1.4 M (5%-100% of tuition) provided to 20% of students
- Three arts starting in Grade 7, Latin starting in Grade 8; Physical Education from Grades 7 to 11.
- Amount: $12,250.
- Deadline: January 10. Repeats annually
For more information, kindly join our Telegram channel: