MEXT Japanese Scholarship 2022
Monday The Hour 23:05
ADD TO FAVOURITE
MEXT Japanese Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is available for undergraduate, masters, PhD and training studies. MEXT scholarship will cover tuition fee, accommodation, monthly living allowance and round airfare travel expenses from your country to Japan.
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) of Japan offers scholarships to international students who wish to study at Japanese universities as undergraduate or research (masters / PhD) students under the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarships Program.
Normally, the Application cycle of the MEXT Japanese Scholarship is announced in April. Knowledge of Japanese Language and IELTS/TOEFL is not mandatory for this scholarship.
This is the MEXT embassy recommended scholarship. You will apply through the Japanese embassy in your country.
MEXT Japanese Scholarship 2022
MEXT Japanese Scholarship| Details:
- Level of Study: Undergraduate / Masters / PhD / Training
- Institution(s): Japanese Universities
- Study in: Japan
- Courses Offered: All types of courses offered in all Japanese Universities from Social Science to Engineering, Medical to Health, Arts, Humanities, etc. There are No Academic Fields Restrictions.
- Program Period: Undergraduate: 4-5 Years, Masters: 2-3 Years, PhD: 3-4 Years
- MEXT Scholarship Deadline: Varies from Embassy to Embassy (Click here to check deadlines)
MEXT Japanese Scholarship| Funding:
MEXT Scholarship 2023 is a Fully Funded Scholarship for International Students to Study in Japan For Free. This scholarship will provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- Allowances: Monthly Stipend Allowance, Preparatory Allowance (2022 Rate)
- Education Fees: Fees for the Entrance Examination, Tuition Fee at Universities will be paid by MEXT.
- Traveling Expenses: Transportation to Japan: MEXT Japanese scholarship will cover your Round Airfare Travel Expenses from your Country to Japan. The Airline ticket will be an Economy-class ticket for the flight.
- Accommodations: Residence halls for international students provided by universities.
MEXT Japanese Scholarship| Eligibility Criteria:
To qualify for MEXT Japanese Scholarship, a candidate must fulfill all the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- An applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible.
- For Undergraduate Students: You must be at least 17 and under 25 years of age and have completed 12 years of school education or have completed courses in a school comparable to a high school (includes prospective graduates).
- For Masters / PhD Students: You must be under 35 years of age and a college graduate (includes prospective graduates). Or you must have completed 16 years / 18 years of education.
- For Teacher training students: You must be under 35 years of age and a graduate of a college or teacher training college. You must have at least five years of active experience as a teacher in a primary, secondary or teacher training college in your country.
- For Japanese Study Students: Applicants must be from 18 to 30 years old. Applicants must be enrolled as undergraduate students in faculties or schools which major in Japanese language or Japanese culture in a university outside Japan at the time when they come to Japan, and must be enrolled in the home institution at the time when they return to their home countries.
MEXT Japanese Scholarship| How to apply:
- Find the Japanese Embassy or Consulate of your country from here.
- Visit the website of Japanese Embassy of your country. Under the Education / Scholarship tab, you will find the MEXT Japanese scholarship.
- Download the MEXT scholarship application form and fill it.
- Submit the required documents (list given below) to Japanese Embassy of your country.
- A written test will be conducted by the Japanese Embassy. Find a Sample Written Test with Answers Here.
- After that, interviews of the candidates will be conducted.
- The successful candidates will be informed through email or embassy website.
Required Documents for MEXT Japanese Scholarship:
(1) MEXT Japanese Scholarship Application form
(2) The highest degree verified with official stamps.
- Bachelors program applicants: 12 Years of Education
- Master’s program applicants: Bachelor’s degree
- Ph.D. program applicants: Master’s degree
Note: If the degree is not in English, a notarized copy of a translation in English is required.
(3) The highest degree Transcript verified with official stamps. (Including Grading system)
- Bachelors program applicants: 12 Years of Education.
- Master’s program applicants: Bachelor’s degree Transcripts
- Ph.D. program applicants: Master’s degree Transcripts
Note: If the diploma is not in English, a notarized copy of a translation in English or is
(4) Two recommendation letters: The letters of recommendation must be written by the applicant’s teachers/advisors/employers (who are able to evaluate your academic performance and research potential) in either English. (for research students).
(5) Passport Scan (if available at the time of application).
(6) Curriculum Vitae (CV) (for research students).
(8) Study plan / Statement of purpose. The study plan is written in English. Basic content shall include motivation of application, education/ research Background, and prospective study at APU. (for research students)
(9) English Language Proficiency Document: Those students whose language institute was in English can Submit English Proficiency Certificate from their Home University & they are exempted from Language Test.
(10) Academic thesis or relevant publications (for research students).
(11) Other reference documents (if applicable).
MEXT Japanese Scholarship Why study in Japan?
Despite its scarce resources, Japan was able to grow economically and become a leading country in manufacturing precisely because of the advanced knowledge and technology fostered by its excellent education system.
Using its state-of-the-art science, technology and medicine, Japan has introduced many products to the world, including electric vehicles, digital cameras, optical fibers and the artificial heart. Instant noodles, which have changed the dietary life of the world, and Karaoke, are also innovations of Japanese origin. The practice of transforming innovative ideas into creative products goes far back into Japanese history.
Japanese schools focus not only on academic achievements, but also on the development of human quality. This aspect of Japanese schools is highly appreciated by international students, who think the studying experience in Japan helps them after they start working.
Conducive living environment and safe and secure infrastructures:
Japan is known as a good place to live with its low crime rate. Even if you misplace something, it will be returned to you most of the time.
Japan's public transportation system boasts of its on-time departure and arrival and helps you reach your destination safely and securely. With a well-established health insurance system, you can receive advanced medical care when you fall ill with only a small fee.
Even international students who feel anxious after leaving their home country can find some peace of mind while staying in Japan.
International students from more than 170 countries and regions across the world:
About 220,000 international students from more than 170 countries and regions of the world are studying at higher educational institutions in Japan. These students can broaden their horizons through exposure to Japanese as well as diverse cultures of the world. Japan is a tolerant country where freedom of religion and thought is guaranteed by the constitution.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1-I am currently residing in a country other than my home country. As a third country national, can I apply for the MEXT Japanese scholarship through the Japanese embassy in this country, or would I have to return to the country in which I hold citizenship to submit the required documents?
2-My spouse and I are applying for the MEXT Japanese scholarship together. If our selected major/field of study is the same, is it possible for us to attend the same university?
- It depends on your university or research institution, so please contact your university/research institution for further information.
3-A copy of the graduation certificate and the certificate of university enrollment qualification examination is acceptable if the copy is attested by an authorized official of the university or an examination authority.
This was included in the application guidelines. Does this requirement apply to high school diplomas as well? Would a high school diploma also require verification from an accredited institution or examination center?
4-What difficulty level are the examination questions?
5-I would like to know about possible universities I can study at. Where can I access the MEXT Japanese scholarship university list?
For more information kindly join our Telegram channel: