Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships 2023
Friday The Hour 15:03
ADD TO FAVOURITE
Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships
The Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships is a scholarship program offered by the government of Flanders, Belgium to support Master's degree students from around the world who are pursuing their studies at a Flemish university.
Master Mind Scholarships | Eligibility Requirements
- The student should apply for an eligible master’s program before the deadline.
- The student should express his/her interest to be considered as a potential candidate for Master Mind scholarships before the deadline.
- The student has a high standard of academic performance and potential. Excellent study results are reflected in a high-Grade Point Average (GPA), as mentioned on the transcript of records.
- The student has good knowledge and command of the master’s program’s language of instruction, regardless of the minimum scores required by the master’s program:
o a minimum overall score of 7 on the IELTS test
o a minimum total score of 94 on the TOEFL test
o a similar result in another official language test recognized by KU Leuven
The language test is taken before the Master Mind deadline. Language test results can be added after the deadline.
Students who have obtained a previous diploma in a programme taught in English in Australia, English-speaking Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States of America do not need to submit a certificate proving their proficiency in English.
- All nationalities are eligible, except Russian citizens (consult here for related information). The previous degree(s) obtained should be from a higher education institution located outside Flanders. International students who have been on credit mobility in a hosting Flemish higher education institution are still eligible for a Master Mind Scholarship.
- Students who are already enrolled in a Flemish higher education institution are not eligible. The only exception will be made for international students who, at the moment of their scholarship candidacy in Spring 2023, are enrolled in a specific preparatory program in order to start their master’s program in September 2023.
- Students who enroll in the following programs for the academic year 2023-2024 are not eligible for the Master Mind Scholarships: preparatory programs, bridging programs, and distance learning.
- Student mobility during the master’s program is allowed. However, at least half of the credits of the master’s program must be obtained at KU Leuven.
- Students are not allowed to combine the Master Mind Scholarship with another scholarship from the Flemish Government or an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship.
Master Mind Scholarships Modalities
- The duration of the mobility is 1 academic year for a master’s program of 60 ECTS credit points and two academic years for a master’s program of 120 ECTS credit points.
- The student will receive a scholarship of € 9,600 per academic year.
- Master Mind Scholarship holders will pay a reduced tuition fee. The rate for the 2023-2024 academic year is € 128,80. This rate may increase slightly in the following years.
- There are a number of scholarships reserved for students from priority countries of the Flemish government: Japan (3), Mexico (3), Palestine (2), and the USA (5).
Master Mind scholarships | Selection Procedure and Timing
- The master's programs are invited to nominate students who have expressed their interest in Master Mind scholarships.
- The following elements will be taken into account when assessing the master’s program application files: academic performance, academic awards, motivation, relevant experience, demonstrated leadership abilities, sense of commitment, and top applicant profile.
- KU Leuven will nominate up to 20 students.
- The 20 nominated students will be informed by email about the positive outcome of the preselection before 15 April.
- The closure of the nomination process will be announced on the KU Leuven Master Mind web page.
- The 20 nominated students will have to complete the Flemish government’s online Master Mind application form. They will compete with the other Flemish universities’ nominees.
- The final selection will be made by the Selection Committee of the Flemish government.
- The final selection results will be announced at the end of May or in early June.
- The study period will start in September.
Master Mind Scholarships | How to Apply
How to express your interest in Master Mind?
- Step 1: You submit a complete application file for an eligible master’s program before 1 February 2023, 23.59 CET, including a Master Mind Candidacy Form as an annex. This annex should be uploaded in the application tool under the document type "Annexe Master Mind". The Annexe can be downloaded here when the call is open.
- Step 2: You register your Master Mind candidacy via the online registration tool before the deadline. The tool is closed now.
For more information about scholarships, kindly join our Telegram channel: