PEO International Peace Scholarship for Women 2023
Wednesday The Hour 12:03
ADD TO FAVOURITE
PEO International Peace Scholarship for Women
The International Peace Scholarship Fund was established in 1949, it is a program that provides scholarships for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada.
At the time of application, the applicant is required to indicate additional financial resources adequate to meet her estimated expenses. Examples of additional resources are personal and family funds, tuition waivers, work scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants and other scholarships.
Peace Scholarships are not given for online courses, research, internships or for practical training if not combined with coursework.
P.E.O. Scholars have demonstrated their ability to make significant contributions in their chosen field of study, having assumed leadership positions in university academics, scientific research, medicine, law, performing arts, international economics, history, literature, government and other demanding fields.
PEO International Peace Scholarship | Details
- Host Institution(s): Accredited Universities and Colleges in United States or Canada.
- Host Countries: United States & Canada.
- Organisation: PEO International Peace Scholarship.
- Level of Study: postgraduate.
- Deadline: 15 December (annual).
PEO International Peace Scholarship | Funding
- The maximum amount awarded to a student is $12,500. Lesser amounts may be awarded according to individual needs.
- The P.E.O. Scholar Awards are one-time, competitive, merit-based awards intended to recognize and encourage academic excellence and achievement by women in doctoral-level programs. These awards provide partial support for study and research.
- The scholarship is based upon demonstrated financial need; however, the award is not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses. At the time of application, the applicant is required to confirm additional financial resources adequate to meet her estimated expenses. Additional resources may include personal and family funds, tuition waivers, work scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants and other scholarships.
PEO International Peace Scholarship | Eligibility
- The P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship Fund provides financial assistance to women from outside the United States and Canada who are seeking advanced degrees from an accredited college or university in the U.S. or Canada with the expectation that students will return to their home countries to utilize their education to make a positive impact and foster global peace.
- In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year.
- Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
- International students attending Cottey College are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- A student who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada is not eligible. Note: A student with residency for tax purposes only is permitted.
- Scholarships are not given for online courses, research, internships or for practical training if not combined with coursework.
The Eligibility Period runs from September 15 to December 15 every year.
PEO International Peace Scholarship | Application instructions
Applications are currently closed.
Eligibility must be established before application material is sent to applicants. The eligibility information is available at the official website at any time but the completed form will be accepted electronically in the IPS office only between 15 September & 15 December.
Please do not provide any email address with a .edu extension. Use a personal email address instead of your school email address. The firewalls of educational institutions may block important messages from the P.E.O. system, which could cause severe delays in the application process.
PEO International Peace Scholarship | FAQs
1. What do the letters P.E.O. stand for?
P.E.O. stands for Philanthropic Educational Organization.
The original meaning of the letters, as established by the P.E.O. Founders, is reserved for members only.
2. Where do I find out more about becoming a P.E.O.?
The best way to find out about P.E.O. and how to become a member is talking to P.E.O. members. Ask around in your community to see if anyone you know is a member of P.E.O. or if she knows someone who is.
P.E.O. members are proud of their organization and are committed to helping women pursue higher education. Talking to a P.E.O. in your community will give you an opportunity to find out more about their chapter and what P.E.O. means to them.
3. Who is considered an active member?
To be considered an active member, dues must be paid to the member's local chapter by the end of February.
Even if a P.E.O. member is no longer able to participate, P.E.O. members still support the ongoing work through educational projects by paying annual dues.
By maintaining active membership, if desired, a copy of the bimonthly P.E.O. Record will be received to help a member stay connected.
4. How do I apply for a scholarship, grant or loan?
With the exception of the IPS program, all P.E.O. scholarships, grants and loans require the applicant be sponsored by a local chapter of the P.E.O. Sisterhood. Click here for more information about the P.E.O. Projects.
5. What is the P.E.O. emblem?
Following a member's initiation, she receives an emblem. It is engraved with the member's name, chapter identification and date of initiation. In the event of a member’s death, the emblem may be buried or cremated with the member, remain with her family or be collected by the chapter president who will then return it to the Sisterhood.
6. Can the P.E.O. emblem be used on a headstone?
The official P.E.O. emblem may be engraved on a member's headstone. A replica of the emblem to affix to a tombstone and a star marker may be purchased. If you need contact information, please contact: [email protected].
For more information about scholarships, kindly join our Telegram channel: